Monday, February 8, 2010

Let's get this started again!

Some might start a new blog. Give up on the past, chalk it up to childhood antics. Get excited about a new project ("we could make a tumblr!"). How many blogs have we seen, become fascinated with, and then noticed that they haven't been updated in two years? How many projects have we started only to let die, drift away in our past conscience. On the Internet or elsewhere.

Sometimes it's necessary. Some projects serve their purpose before they're completed. Sometimes we get caught up in other "more important" stuff, so we can't dedicate the time or the energy that we'd like to our old projects.

But fuck that. I don't have time to start another project. But I do have time to reawaken an old one. And the people who started "gut the house" are too badass to leave behind in past conscience.

Maybe this is a rallying cry? Maybe I'm just bored or feel like I've become complicit. Maybe I want to reconnect to my old friends. (I miss you!!!)

Let's tear it up.

1 comment:

Go Ask Alex said...

Fantastic! Great idea, Eric! (This is Alex from GWS, by the way.)