Tuesday, December 4, 2007

a letter.

dear gay and lesbian rights activists,

i hate you. and you know what else, i dont really like Ellen either. She's not really that funny and shes sterilized herself of sexuality via NBC (or whatever network it is that shes sold out to). I don't really find much liberation in Miller Light floats in gay pride parades while there are still Man Law commericals out there. Fuck you, Advocate magazine. Hear me out, corporate homos and power lesbians suck. The L Word is blatantly racist (yet i still watch it). Gay marriage will not solve all your problems. I want to be with the freaks. I want to be a freak. Don't get me wrong, I understand from where you are coming, but what is it really going to do? Will we be further entrenched in the quagmire of liberal politics that fail time and time again to recognize the structural and institutional problems within the discourse of 'sexual freedom'? Where is the queer? I understand that there are a multitude of areas for subversion even within the liberal gay and les politics, but it doesnt impress me.

No comments: