Monday, March 19, 2007

"When someone says logic, I think of science, and I also think of men."

I was on the old YouTube last night and look what I found:
(Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOCkNCjb--k )

This guy is a piece of work. He's like the modern day poster child for liberal humanism. The Bill Nye for racist, classist, heteronormative, sexist scientific discourse...

Science as a discourse. I should write more but Ive got to run. Talk amongst yourselves.

"without feminism, i do think that women would still have the rights they have today. i dont think feminism needed to be around to fight for their rights. That would have happened anyway. You can be certain of one thing, we would have had a lot less man hating polemy, we wouldnt have had such discriminatory laws against men now, wed be in a much happier place, and there would be much less animosity between the genders. Feminism is a hate movement. All it does is try to bring men down and build women up and teach them to hate men and have contempt for men."

Peace and Love.

2 comments:

cadayona.j said...

i couldn't even get past one minute of that man. i admire your ability to chuckle at his misguidedness... 'cause mostly i just feel sick.

e r i c t r o t h said...

Yeah, I laughed and then I felt like shit for the rest of the night and couldn't get any of my homework done. It was similar to when I read the wikipedia article on male gaze and there was a response about its bias:

"I take great issue with the sections "Gaze and feminist theory" and "Responses to 'male gaze,'" as both are extremely biased and possibly factually inaccurate. The Wikipedia is meant to be a neutral, factual encyclopedia, not a launching pad for anti-male propaganda by radical feminists who try to demonize male sexuality. Neither section contains any citations, and furthermore, I take issue with the following points:"

This person had some good points, not all of them sound, but some of them were reasonable and could have been helpful in making it a better article, because the original didn't have a very thorough discussion on the topic. But the huge misunderstanding and lashing out in such a negative regard on behalf of the critic just pissed me off. I honestly remember might heart beating faster and faster after reading that and not being able to sleep.

Again, I had a hard time sleeping last night because of that ass. I'd like to write him a little note...a virus note.